Hey, Let’s experience Color os for Redmi 2 which is basically custom rom from Oppo device. I have been using this rom from past one week and I have listed down all pros and cons below. This rom is basically from OPPO A37F which is not optimized well for redmi 2 prime but I recommend you not to install if you’re heavy user. Color Os provides whole lot of features what Miui provides in there rom. You can check out screenshots below. I didn’t expect such features from this rom because I have never used color os before.But In terms of performance there is no stand for this rom.
- Customization similar to Miui
- Security center
- Weather app
- Super su installed -its pre rooted
- Kernel adiutor- tweak around with kernel
- Color control
- Fm radio
- Whole lot of Color os bloatware
- Theme store and keyboard theme
- Gapps preinstalled.
No point in talking about the features, it just provides something more than you can think
- Customization it provides( small features are handy which are quiet well and works).
- Sound from headphone is excellent- with inbuilt audio customizer
- Themes work well .(no issues with that)
- Volte works well( no issues)
- Provide Gestures( like one plus devices)
- Good thing is this launcher allows you to other launcher which is not present in oppo phones.
- Camera provides lot of features like HD mode, check out in screenshot
- Performance lacks( the apps just goes to hibernate mode to save juice-Ram management isn’t well on this)
- Heating issues while on call and also while playing casual games (thus battery drains rapidly. If you are casual user you can get 2hr 15 min of screen on time)
- No notification led
- Calls were not clear at my end but other people could here me really well. Same from loudspeaker it was too low. I could hardly hear anything.
- Switching between front to rear camera takes time.
- Camera pictures where over sharpen but you can live with it.
- Based on Android Lollipop 5.1.1
- Flash light not working.
- Some gestures does not work.